Have you ever wondered why your content marketing efforts aren’t bringing in the results you hoped for? Perhaps you’re struggling to generate leads, increase website traffic, or engage your audience effectively.
As a marketer, you know how crucial content marketing is in today’s digital age, but it’s challenging to get it right. That’s why understanding key content marketing statistics can be a game-changer for your strategy.
In this article, we’ll dive into the latest data and insights to help you craft a winning content marketing plan that drives real results. Whether you’re a small business owner or a seasoned marketer, these statistics will provide valuable insights into the best practices and trends in content marketing. Let’s get started!
80 Content Marketing Strategy Statistics
As promised below are the content marketing statistics that will help you in curating a result-driven strategy. We have added every statistic from what marketers think to its ROI and businesses.
Content marketing statistics for B2B marketers
Here we will talk about the statistics related to and as per the B2B marketers. The following are the statistics mentioned in the Content Marketing Institute’s latest report:
- There are 93% of B2B content marketers that plans to develop a content marketing strategy. Of 93%, 40% go with documentation, 33% without documentation, and 20% plan to develop within 12 months.
- 83% of B2B marketers try to stand out in the competition with quality content and around 72% by covering fresh stories and topics.
- For B2B, the best content assets for the last two years were all forms of videos including virtual events and short articles that were less than 3000 words.
- 87% of business-to-business marketers prefer sending out messages that cater to the audience’s informational needs and not the brand’s sales and promotional aspects.
- Around 96% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for their content marketing strategy.
- 67% of business-to-business marketers go for paid content distribution channels.
- When curating content and planning its strategy, 78% of B2B marketers use keyword research.
- Still, 40% of B2B marketers don’t measure ROI from their content marketing efforts. (PointVisible)
- For B2B companies, 52% of creating and posting more content, and around 51% of improving the existing content’s quality helped them gain more organic traffic to the website. (SemRush)
- Around 50% of B2B marketers outsource their content needs.
Content marketing statistics for B2C marketers
In this section, we will read a few more statistics as per and related to B2C marketers. The following statistics are as per the Content Marketing Institute’s latest report on B2C content marketing:
- 95% of the B2C marketers went ahead with developing a content marketing strategy.
- Approximately 65% of B2C marketers prioritize the informational needs of their audience instead of sales and promotions.
- Even for the B2C marketers, the top-performing content assets were short articles (less than 3000 words), data visualization, 3D models, and videos
- As per B2C marketers among all the non-paid social media platforms the best content marketing result Facebook ranks first with 63%, followed by LinkedIn at 53% and Instagram at 39%.
- Around 78% of B2C marketers use paid content distribution channels for their content marketing strategy.
- When creating content for B2C audiences, 73% use keyword research.
- In B2C content marketing, 40% of marketers look at competitors once a year. (Conductor)
- The number of B2C marketers planning to use influencer marketing has increased to 62%. (HubSpot)
- In B2C content marketing, only 33% of marketers use data when distributing content. (Conductor)
- About 70% of B2C marketers use content marketing as a part of their marketing strategy.
- B2C marketers are concerned about algorithm changes in SEO (64%), social media platforms (53%), and data analytics or management (48%).
Social media statistics
Here we will have a look at the social media statistics that helped in other ways to contribute to content marketing strategy.
- As per the report stated by Google, 70% of buyer decides on buying from a brand after watching a YouTube video.
- YouTube is one of the most visited platforms by Americans. (Ahrefs)
- According to a report on Animoto, around 93% of businesses acquired clients after posting on social media.
- There are around 2.9 million monthly active users on Facebook, and around 2 million on Instagram. (Statista)
- Around 56% of content marketers post on social media platforms and get organic traffic. (SemRush)
- Around 91% of businesses use social media platforms for their content marketing strategy. (HubSpot)
- Instagram is considered to have the highest growth potential among social media platforms. (HubSpot)
- Thinking about going with influencer marketing? A better option but only if you have Gen Z as your target audience. Why? 50% of Gen Z trust product recommendations from influencers. (HubSpot)
- The majority of people go to YouTube while looking for entertainment, and learning new things. (Google)
Statistics on types of content marketing
This section covers the essential statistics of types of content. This will help you in determining the right content format to choose for your strategy.
- In a survey by Wyzowl, 78% of people acknowledged that they bought or downloaded an application or software after watching a video.
- Short videos and live streams on TikTok and Instagram Reels were the most effective format on social media platforms in 2022, and may continue to do so! (Hubspot)
- In the year 2022, 62% of Americans tuned in to podcasts. (Edison Research).
- Almost every marketer out there responded that visual content is a key component in their marketing strategy. (Venngage)
- Articles with video content perform 80% better than articles without one. (SemRush)
- In an article on NN Group about how people read, it states rarely people read word to word online, mostly they scan and wish to know the pertinent information.
- Wondering what type of content works best on the website? A report by Statista shows how-to articles are 77% popular among other types of content. And it is followed by news and trends at 49%, and guides and ebooks at 47%.
- According to the HubSpot State of Marketing report, the top three types of content that work better are videos, blogs, and images.
- Short content attracts 21% of traffic, while long-form content of 900 to 1200 words gains maximum traffic and quality backlinks too. (SemRush State of Content Marketing Report)
- The use of long-form articles has increased to 42% among B2C marketers. However, the top two types of content are still short articles and videos. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 92% of marketers prefer producing blogs for their content strategy.
Statistics on usage and consumption of content
Now let’s understand the usage and computation of content, this will help you create a better content marketing strategy for your target audience.
- As per the report by SemRush, 91% of professionals believe that content marketing helped them achieve their goals.
- Marketers use content marketing strategies to attract more traffic (46%), improve brand awareness (45%), and lead generation (34%). (SemRush)
- Most marketers prefer to invest in SEO. (Hubspot)
- It is more likely that you will be ranking for 1000 other keywords if you are ranking first on any of the main keywords on the search engine result page. (Ahrefs)
- Around 19% of businesses that use AI content-generation tools have a more successful marketing strategy than the ones using user-generated content. (Clearscope, Siege Media)
- A report by Bright Edge stated that organic search drives 51% of content consumption.
- Most marketers (69%) prefer producing a video through an in-house team. (Content Marketing Institute)
- A report by SemRush states that long reads of 3000+ words attracts 138% more traffic.
- However, the Demand Gen report says, B2B businesses could improve their effectiveness if they begin producing short-form content.
- Around 56% of marketers post content on a social media platform for organic promotion.
Statistics on content marketing ROI, budget, and performance
Till now you read content marketing statistics for all the factors included in it. Here in this section, we will be reading a few numbers that will tell us about its ROI, budget, and performance.
- Smart Insights estimates a return on investment of $40 for every dollar invested in a email marketing campaign
- As per the report by Hubspot:
-In 2021, survey respondents said they were going to increase their content marketing budget by 63%.
-From the budget, 27% would be for paid media and 26% for software, and 26% for content creation. Apart from that, 17% would be used on headcount.
-There were 28% of marketers that newly invested in the content marketing plan.
-When we talk about confidence while making budget decisions for a content marketing campaign, only 37% of people feel very confident.
- This year majority of marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget.
- Only 70% of the marketers regardless of the company size measure the ROI of content marketing strategy.
- For around 21% of marketers measuring ROI is the biggest challenge. (Seige Media, Clearscope)
- For most companies, a blend of improving content quality, SEO optimization, and utilizing other visual content mediums led to the most successful content strategy.
- SemRush reports that most marketers calculate revenue simply based on revenue, vs measuring leads and conversions from content marketing (67%).
- A survey conducted by Vidyard got to know from sellers that video content outperforms every content type they use.
Content marketing statistics for businesses
Content marketing is a crucial strategy for businesses to attract and retain customers, build brand awareness, and increase their ROI. Here are some key statistics that highlight the importance of content marketing:
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful. (Delante)
- There is a threefold increase in lead generation through content marketing, compared with traditional outbound marketing, at a 62% lower cost. (Content Marketing Institue)
- Marketers who prefer blogging are likely to achieve 13 times more ROI on their efforts. (HubSpot)
- 72% of marketers say relevant content creation is the most effective SEO tactic. (Marketing Profs.)
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (GitNux)
- 88% of marketers say that interactive content helps them stand out from their competitors. (OutGrow)
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by 10%. (Campaign Monitor)
- Mobile optimization is crucial, as mobile devices now account for over half of all internet traffic.
- Video is becoming increasingly important, with 54% of consumers saying they want to see more video content from brands they support. (Oberlo)
- 62% of people like to purchase or seek out the product once they have read about it. (Delante)
- Blogs result in a 434% increase in indexed pages and 97% in indexed links. (DemandMetric)
- Businesses that post blogs get 55% more website traffic than the ones that don’t. (HubSpot)
- Articles or content with images get 94% more views than one that doesn’t have a single image. (GitNux)
- Most potential customers or audiences like to read original content. Hence, marketers go with original written content for their content strategy. (Neil Patel)
- 70% of consumers feel closer to a company as a result of content marketing. (GetGist)
- Long-form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short-form blog posts.
- As per CMI, 86% of B2C marketers believe content marketing is a key strategy.
- A report by HubSpot says, companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- Content marketing efforts increase website traffic by 7.8x. (Neil Patel)
- Around 82% of visitors have a positive outlook after reading customized or personalized content. (GetGist)
- According to isitwp.com, 72% of marketers believe content creation is the best SEO tactic.
Make your content strategy solid as a rock!
With the content marketing statistics mentioned in the article, you will be able to create a rock-solid strategy. And that content marketing strategy will not only drive results but will also earn you a maximum ROI. The key statistics for content marketing are a clear indication that this strategy has become an essential part of any successful marketing campaign.
From the significant impact of visual content to the importance of mobile optimization and personalization, businesses must stay up-to-date with the latest trends and adapt their strategies accordingly.
By leveraging the power of content marketing, businesses can attract and retain customers, build brand awareness, and increase their ROI. As the digital landscape continues to evolve, content marketing will remain a crucial element of any successful marketing plan.